Friday, February 24, 2017

I Didn't Say It ...

Pete Buttigieg, openly gay mayor of South Bend Indiana and a candidate for DNC chair, on _____’s anti-trans move:

“What kind of a bully looks for the most vulnerable person they can find to attack? If you are a transgender teenager, high school is a complicated and intimidating—well, when you are any teenager, high school is a complicated and intimidating place … If your own leaders can’t tell the difference between you and a predator, if that’s what we are telling teenagers who they are, we shouldn’t be surprised that we are pushing them toward having mental health issues.”

Buttigieg takes no prisoners where _____ is concerned and we need someone like him leading the charge for the Democrats.
He ain’t playin’, y’all.
John McCain, Arizona GOP Senator, on _____’s Tweet that the media is the “enemy of the American people”:

“A fundamental part of that new world order was a free press. I HATE the press. I hate you, especially. But the fact is, we NEED you. We need a free press. We must have it. It’s vital. If you want to preserve democracy as we know it you have to have a free and at many times adversarial press. Without it I’m afraid that we would lose so much of our individual liberties over time. That’s how dictators get started.”

McCain is still that grumpy old man who’s pissed that he didn’t get his shot at the White House, but he’s right about that dictatorship _____ is aiming to set up.
The only #FakeNews comes from the lips of 45.
Larry Wilmore, comedian, to now-disgraced alt-right figurehead Milo Yiannopoulos after he called a decorated counterterrorism official “stupid”:

“Hold on, hold on, you can go f**k yourself. If your argument is that these people are stupid [then] you didn’t hear a word this man said earlier in this segment because he can talk circles around your pathetic, douchey little ass. ... And one last thing, Leslie Jones is not ‘barely literate.’ Go f**k yourself again for that one.”

And then Milo kinda did.
Karma is a bitch, and I think, for today, I love her.
Chris Wallace, Fox News, to White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus about that _____ media Tweet:

“We don’t have a state-run media in this country. That’s what they have in dictatorships. You don’t get to tell us what to do any more than Barack Obama did. Barack Obama whined about Fox News all the time, but I gotta say, he never said we were an enemy of the people.”

That’s because Obama wasn't a tiny-fisted tyrant with a giant ego.
I miss him. I miss the days of treating people with equality and dignity and not slamming and name-calling anyone who disagrees with you.
I miss the days of being proud of the President of the United States and I cannot wait for those days to return.
Danny Watts, British pro racing driver, coming out as gay:

“I would need to live in the closet if I wanted my motorsport career to go anywhere [because] there were enough gay jokes and homophobic slurs to go around, and I felt like if I lifted my head out of the trenches, I’d be immediately annihilated. Staying hidden was nothing but torture and pain. [So] it’s not a decision I took lightly. This secret has been eating me up inside for a while, and I can’t hold it in any more. Something snapped in me last year, and I began coming out to my friends. Now it’s time for the public to know. Now that I don’t have to think about keeping my team and sponsors happy, I can do what’s right for me.”

As I’ve been told by my parents my whole life, all you really get is happiness, and you have to do what it takes to make that happen.
Good on Danny Watts, the latest recipient of the Obligatory Coming Out Toaster Oven and copy of The Gay Agenda.
Welcome out.

5 comments:

  1. Our governor, bless his heart, has been busy signing 'we shalt not' executive orders regarding a lot of ______'s executive orders. We also had transgender rights before the feds so that also still stands. It does NOT help to have it trashed by _____'s administration. Shame on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:01 PM

    I'll say it again, I sorely miss Larry Wilmore!

    Deedles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Further to that Larry Wilmore quotation -- Leslie Jones must feel DAMN good today. I'm happy for her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we the people need someone like Pete Buttigieg to smash heads/kick asses!

    PS - you may wanna go back and fix your Obama paragraph...just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @AM
    Damn gurl, you need to be my proof-reader!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......