Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Architecture Wednesday: Hillside House

If you’re going to live in Marin County, and on Mt. Tamalpais, you’re going to have to cling to a hillside more often than not.

This home does that; Hillside House is a three-level, 4,000 square foot home in Marin County with a minimal, but elongated facade that mimics the slight curve of the road. From the road the house seems deceptively simple, but glance at either side and down she goes ...

Inside it’s like living in a modern, grown-up treehouse due to the double height windows framing sweeping views across the valley and the large decks for indoor/outdoor living.

The house is also high tech and highly energy efficient with photovoltaics, heat pump and heat recovery system among many other implementations.

Not many treehouses can say that.

4 comments:

  1. Love the view but I'd need a lift installed - I'm an old lady and old ladies don't do stairs (especially with all the ironmongery in my body)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the frosted glass stairway. That hose is very California. The homes I show, and sell, on hillsides amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:39 AM

    What wonderful views. I'd kill for that bathroom.
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful and the views and openness are wonderful. But it doesn't sing to me. I guess I'll pass... Oh, all right, if no one else wants it, have it shipped, please. I know a hill nearby.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......