Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Overheard At Home

Back story:

Last week I was out in the yard cleaning up dead branches that had dome from the trees. There were several very large branches that i hauled across the yard to the driveway to be cut up and taken away.

While walking back across our yard ... our hilly, uneven terrain of a yard ... I stepped into a small divot and began to fall. Slow motion; I saw my hands in front of my face as I fell, trying to brace my fall; I felt my feet moving faster, taking long steps in the hopes of avoiding the impending fall. I began thinking ....

I'm falling. I'm falling. I'm falling. Nope. Nope. I'm gonna be okay. I'm gonna be okay. Good. Good. Uh oh.

And I hit the ground. I was relatively unscathed, but I landed on my elbow which smashed into my side, which was incredibly sore almost instantly.

Now, luckily, no one saw this fall because that would have felt worse, but ... the next morning I awoke after a terrible night's sleep ...  couldn't sleep on my left side at all ... and Carlos asked if it still hurt and I said:

"Only when I sneeze, cough, hiccup or breathe."

And he replied:

"Then don't breathe."
#ThatsMyHusband

10 comments:

  1. Certainly funny, but my concern is, how are you feeling now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness you didn't fart, who know what pain that may have caused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain.
    Is it better?
    If not you can endure torture at
    the hands of a very nice, very competent
    physical therapist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. holy shit! and I bet carlos said what he did with a str8 (sorry) face, right? how are are doing?

    PS - I almost spelled carlos' name carols. how many times has THAT ever happened to him?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @All
    I am feeling better. Landed on my elbow so I have a sore side, but it's better.

    @MM
    I don't "fart." I'm a lady.

    @AM
    I almost always type in Carols!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you are on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @bob - I don't fart either. my spouse disagrees. but then again, I look fairly butch, so...(said in a monty python accent)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw the title and couldn't wait to start reading.

    First: Ouch! Hope you're improving.

    And B: Do you wonder why Carlos didn't tell you to not sneeze, cough, or hiccup? I'd watch that guy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Bob & Carlos stories! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. NOOOOOO!!! LMAO!!!!!!

    Are you ok????? I can't help it, I'm totally cracking up!

    xoxo
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......