Friday, April 17, 2015

Look! Up in the sky! It's a plane: A Gay Night At The Ball Park

When I was a kid in California, we often went to Candlestick to watch the Giants play. And sometimes we went to the Oakland Coliseum to see the A’s play ball. And back then they had Hat Day, Shirt Day, Mitt Day, whatever day, but they never had an LGBT Pride Night.

Well, they do now, and apparently that has upset some fans who don’t wanna go to anything with the word ‘gay’ in it lest their secrets be revealed … they like the idea of pitchers and catchers, and men in tight uniforms smacking one another on the ass.

So, cue Oakland A's star pitcher Sean Doolittle and his girlfriend, Eireann — who has two moms — who have offered to buy the tickets from fans that object to attending LGBT Pride Night …
If attending a baseball game on LGBT Pride Night makes you at all uncomfortable, it is probably a good idea to sell your tickets. And I have the perfect buyer. ME!
If you'd like to sell your tickets to June 17th's LGBT Pride Night game, I will buy them from you at face value. As many as I can. No judgments. No questions asked.
From there, I will donate any tickets I purchase to the Bay Area Youth Center's Our Space community for LGBTQ youth. That way you don't have to feel uncomfortable, and the seats don't go to waste. It's win-win.
Please tweet at me (@EireannDolan) if you'd like to sell me your tickets. I'll purchase as many unwanted tickets as I can out of my own pocket. I also encourage other A's fans to do the same. Let's fill the stands that night!
Love, Eireann and my hella gay moms."
The couple has also launched a GoFundMe account to fill the stadium and so far have raised over $16,000, causing the team to add three more sections of seating to LGBT Pride Night.

It’ll be a gay old time at the ball park. And money will go to a good cause.

Win-Win.

4 comments:

  1. okay but you have to watch baseball... (too much time in the stands watching my little brother play)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, and I now have a new favorite baseball player.

    PS: Jeezus, remember how fucking cold it would get at Candlestick? I've been in below-freezing temps, I've been in a walk-in freezer, but I have never been "Candlestick cold" anywhere but the 'Stick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candlestick was an icebox!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful of the player and his wife to do this.

    But then on the other hand, how completely stupid of people not wanting to attend LGBT Day. What are they afraid of, seeing a living breathing out of the closet gay, lesbian or bisexual human? Or gasp, a trans??

    Bigots!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......