Friday, April 10, 2015

I Didn't Say It ...

Michael Sam, after dancing an emotional rumba set to Kinky Boots ballad "Not My Father's Son", on his own father’s refusal to accept him as gay:

"I haven't talked to my father since February 2014. I said this in a previous interview. Time will heal all wounds, and I know eventually I probably can forgive my father and speak to him...I know that deep down he loves me. I just need to be patient."

It’s a shame some parents missed the lesson in unconditional love.
[photo source]
Ted Cruz, on what he would do if elected president … stop laughing … he says he can be president … stop laughing:

“Every one of us is concerned about the Supreme Court’s gay marriage decision likely coming in June. The first thing and I think the most important thing every one of us can do, is pray. Lift up in prayer [but] if the court tries to do this it will be rampant judicial activism. It will be lawlessness, it will be fundamentally illegitimate.”

First off, I have extreme issues with any politician who says the first thing we can do is pray.
And then he says if he’s president … stop laughing … he will press for a constitutional amendment that would clarify the power of state legislatures to define marriage as the union of one man and one woman.
Okay, now you can laugh. Ted Cruz? President? Bwahahahahaha.
[photo source]
Lindsay Lohan, on Los Angeles, that place she just said she’d never return to:

“I don’t need to see it all over again. The last time I went to LA it was my friend’s birthday and we went to this karaoke place. It was the same people, the same faces, nothing had changed. It felt very un-evolved.”

Translation: my dealers have all moved to London because I’m their biggest client.
[photo source]
Dan Savage, on Rand Paul’s assertion that he is no RINO, no Democrat-lite, but a new teabagging Republican:

"Rand Paul is a different kind of Republican! Rand Paul has all sorts of new ideas! New ideas like, um, opposing same-sex marriage, backing the 'Life Begins at Conception Act' … which would make abortion illegal … and keeping marijuana illegal. Rand Paul also has a big new idea about climate change: it's not happening and Paul opposes efforts to regulate carbon emissions! Rand Paul wants to increase defense spending by $190 billion! He opposes Obama's nukes deal with Iran, and he fully backs the Supreme Court's Citizens United decision that allows unregulated and unlimited contributions to flow into campaigns! Rand Paul also supports the Supreme Court decision that gutted the Voting Rights Act! Paul opposes all gun control measures, has pledged to repeal Obamacare, and wants to use drones to police our border with Mexico and increase the number of deportations. Rand Paul isn't like all of those other Republicans who want to do all of the exact same things Rand Paul wants to do."

Is that what anyone really wants in 2016?
[photo source]
Rand Paul, snapping at Today Show co-host Savannah Guthrie, after she presented him with a list of items on which he has flip-flopped:

"Why don’t we let me explain instead of talking over me? Before we go through a litany of things you say I’ve changed on, why don’t you ask me a question: 'Have I changed my opinion?' That would be a better way to approach it. You’ve editorialized.”

Actually, Rand, she made a list, and then you editorialized.
Looks like Dan Savage is right … again … same old Rand the Republican.
[photo source]
President Barack Obama, in response to a “We The People” petition asking the government to ban all LGBTQ+ conversion therapy, AKA Leelah’s law:

“Tonight, somewhere in America, a young person, let's say a young man, will struggle to fall to sleep, wrestling alone with a secret he's held as long as he can remember. Soon, perhaps, he will decide it's time to let that secret out. What happens next depends on him, his family, as well as his friends and his teachers and his community. But it also depends on us — on the kind of society we engender, the kind of future we build.”

Fierce advocate.
[photo source]

4 comments:

  1. Good for speaking out against conversion therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr Cruz (and others of your ilk), please DO pray for the Supreme Court to come up with the decision as you want it. After all, Matthew 21.22 (King James version) says "...ALL things, whatever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive." And this is only one of several Biblical references to prayers being answered. So there you are - you'll get your way as an absolute certainty!
    I couldn't imagine for a moment that J.C. would ever have lied - after all, we see in our everyday experiences that everything prayed for is granted, don't we? Or could He be sitting on His throne up there, chuckling to Himself, and saying "Fooled you!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randy Paul is a douche. His mouth looks like a hyenas ass. What's what's with that hair. Greasy curls? Really?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It amazes me when immigrants like Ted Cruz move someplace and then demand that future immigrants get blocked at the border or thrown out if they've already sneaked in. Empathy isn't in it.

    As for Rand Paul; what more can I say after your masterly dissection?

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......