Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Ah-Ah-Ah-Choooooo!

Well, the trees are in bloom, the leaves are coming in nice and green, and the azaleas are flowering.

Spring.Is.Here. And I have a Winter Cold. In motherf**king Spring. I made it theough our nasty cold damp wet soggy frigid freeezing winter without so much as a sore throat and now I get a cold?

A tinge of a sore throat on Sunday, a day we’d planned to make our way to church for Easter services … and by ‘church’ I mean CostCo. Hey, we all worship in our own ways. I worship the thought of enough toilet paper to last till the End Times, but that’s just me.

Carlos asked if I felt up to the trip … 90 minutes up, 90 minutes back … and I said, ‘Sure.’
Off we went; a beautiful sunny day for a drive, though lots of traffic with folks going to and from Church, or Wal-Mart, I couldn’t tell. But we finally made it up there and, well, CostCo isn’t open on Easter.

Ninety minutes back. And then back to bed for me.

Monday was stuffy, sneezy, grumpy, headache-y, cough-y and just plain miserable-y. It was a gorgeous day, and I was off from work, and I so wanted to work in the yard, seriously, and yet it was all I could do to stay upright in a chair,

Bed at 9:30. Nyquil? Check. Aspirin? Check. Vicks Vapo-Rub on the chest and up the nostrils? Check.

Sidenote: because of Carlos’ adorable accent, around our house we call it Bick Boppa Rue.
Carlos let me sleep in — off again today — and so I didn’t wake until 9AM, with a stuffed nose, a dry mouth a puddle of drool on the pillow, and a headache, and memories of what I call Nyquil Dreams. Quite hallucinogenic, I’m guessing, and lovely and crazy and, well, now nothing more than a memory.

That’s all … Soldier on.

4 comments:

  1. We shall!
    Arlene's up to $133,800.
    Your morning update.
    Apparently there is a cap?
    200,000.
    Also not sure about taxes.
    GoFundMe says it depends on your
    state.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my poor friend bob! :(

    get well soon, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep calm and.....oh, f*ck it!

    Wishing you to shake it off ultra-presto - and get back to enjoying life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. O, pobresito! I haven't had any Bick Boppa Rue since I was about 10!

    Nyquil? Tried it once. It kept me AWAKE and wired all night. I then read the box. One of the possible side effects? Sleeplessness!

    Hope you feel better quickly. How could you not when you have Carlos to spread on the Bick Boppa Rue. (A woo bam boom?)

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......