Friday, September 26, 2014

I Didn't Say It ...

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Supreme Court justice, on resigning while President Obama is in office:

"Who do you think President Obama could appoint at this very day, given the boundaries that we have? If I resign any time this year, he could not successfully appoint anyone I would like to see in the court. [The Senate ...] took off the filibuster for lower federal court appointments, but it remains for this court. So anybody who thinks that if I step down, Obama could appoint someone like me, they’re misguided. As long as I can do the job full steam…. I think I’ll recognize when the time comes that I can’t any longer. But now I can."

Stick with it, RBG; we need your voice on the Court.
Apollos Hester, high school running back, in a post-game interview he gave to a local Texas news station:

“It’s an awesome feeling when you truly believe that you’re going to be successful. Regardless of the situation, regardless of the scoreboard, you're going to be successful because you put in all the time, all the effort, all the hard work and you know that it’s going to pay off…win or lose we realized we’re going to be all right…you can do anything you put your mind to, never give up on your dreams, keep smiling, no matter what you’re going through.”

Word.
Brian SimsPennsylvania Congressman, on the fight for Hate Crimes legislation in the state after last week's gay bashing incident:

"One of the things I’ve learned is that sometimes it takes a horribly negative experience to get people out of their seats, for them to be active and engaged. It’s not necessarily because they’re opposed but because they aren’t aware of the need. So we are going to be sure to utilize this horrible event to make sure that they hear about it. I’m going to be bringing two people with me who will be able to tell them all about it."

As I say, beating a man because he’s gay is hate; beating a man because you want his wallet, is hateful.
Jim Ferlo, a Pennsylvania state Senator, coming out as gay at a press conference calling for hate crimes legislation to protect LGBT citizens:

"Hundreds of people know I'm gay. I just never made an official declaration. I never felt I had to wear a billboard on my forehead. But I'm gay. Get over it. I love it. It's a great life."

We can get over it, but the coming out process needs to continue. When our numbers grow, when we stand up, when we demand to be counted, we cannot be ignored.
Mama Grizzly Bore™, in a Facebook post cheering on her daughter Blister the Brawler, for punching a man in the face at a picnic:

"I love my Bristol! My straight-shooter is one of the strongest young women you'll ever meet. I have to say this as a proud mama: right up there with their work ethic and heart for those less fortunate, my kids' defense of family makes my heart soar! As you can imagine, they and my extended family have experienced so many things (liberal media-driven) that may have crushed others without a strong foundation of faith, and I'm thankful for our friends' prayer shield that surrounds them, allowing faith to remain their anchor. Thank you, prayer warriors! I love you!"

Too bad this moron couldn’t have taught Bristol to use her words instead of her fists but …
What am I saying? Bristol is the Illiterate Fruit from the Illiterate Fruit Tree; she’s white trash with money.
Still, I wonder what the MGB™ would have to say of this was Chelsea Clinton who punched a guy in the face? But we’ll never know because Chelsea Clinton isn’t an idiot like the Wasilla Hillbillies.
Jack HatchDemocrat, Iowa State Senator, and gubernatorial candidate, on how this year's state election could be crucial for gay marriage:

"It is very clear [getting rid of same-sex marriage] will be [Republicans'] No. 1 priority and Iowans should be very skeptical of that...People who believe in marriage equality should realize the rights we have in Iowa are only as good as the quality of our politicians and the words of our Constitution. If they want to change the words of our Constitution, we should be very scared of the agenda of the Republican leadership."

It’s a shame — and by shame I mean it’s stupid — that the GOP is focusing on same-sex marriage when we have terrorists and global warming and joblessness and racism and poverty.
But then why would rich white men care about those things?

6 comments:

  1. I think it criminal that the Republicans can block any and all legislation without being to proffer an alternative. Surely this mess is not what your Founding Fathers wanted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ms. Palin, it is illegal, and immoral, to clock someone in the face or any other body part. You do not have that right unless you are being attacked. Physically.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Justice Ruthie knows in her heart that she'll bury at least two of those bastards, you can tell by the look in her eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. STFU, MGB! ignorance knows no boundaries in your white trash world.

    for all the other persons, RIGHT ON!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Justice Ruth!

    Mama Grizzzz..."prayer warriors"? WTF is a prayer warrior? What an asinine ahole.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did a white trash post about the thrilla in Wasila and I had a "friend" comment about my "white trashing" too much. I think I must have hit a nerve. White trash upset at my calling white trash white trash. A 35 year old woman with five kids from two different men and a ginormous tattoo on her chest and neck of a great big crown. I'D CALL THAT WHITE TRASH ... wouldn't you?

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......