Friday, August 22, 2014

I Didn't Say It ...

Neil Patrick Harris, on what it takes to make a relationship work:

"If you want relationships to last, live by ‘for better or worse.’ Honeymoon phases end. They just do. We’re animals, and animals aren’t inclined to copulate with just each other for the rest of their lives. So here’s a challenge: How do you keep redefining your relationship? I think you have to find new elements that turn you on, and not only sexually. Having kids was one of those great moments for me. Watching David become another level of person, mastering this other domain, made me look at him with a whole other set of appreciative eyes. That sort of made me re-fall in love with him."

If times change, relationships change, and the way we look at them including our own, changes.
I re-fall in love with Carlos constantly because every day he does something that makes me do it.
Bryan Fischer, of the hate group American Family Association, saying that all gay people should be inherently disqualified from holding public office:

“If you get a conviction for rape, you can't hold public office. You get a conviction for pedophilia, you can't hold public office. You might even get run out of office on a prostitution charge because it's sexually deviant behavior. Now lesbianism is sexually deviant behavior because it deviates from God's plan and design for human sexually. So I believe that this is a person who, because she's involved in sexually deviant behavior, should be, ought to be disqualified from public service.”

Oh, that old gay = rape, er, pedophilia, er, deviant. Gosh, you’d think Bryan would come up with a new argument.
But, in this case, he’s alluding to Rick Perry’s attempts to force Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg to resign following her arrest for drunk driving to argue his point. And he calls Lehmberg an "open lesbian" in his new, yet old, lame attempt to gay bash a community,.
Funny, though, he’s standing up for  man that many people assume is a closeted homosexual, so maybe Bryan doesn’t have a problem with the closeted gays in office … or as the head of an anti-gay hate group who have their own radio show.
Just sayin’.
Leann Rimes, being delusional … again:

“Yes. I’ve always said that Eddie and I are a gay man’s wet dream. I sing, you can look at him, and it’s perfect.”

Oh honey, if I wanted to be with Eddie and hear you sing I’d turn on a radio.
It'd go like this: Eddie and I are getting busy and I say to Leann: "Honey? Can you close the door? From the other side?"
You aren’t a gay man’s dream; you are an intrusion in a gay man’s dream.
Paul Ryan, on the GOP's renewed enthusiasm for perpetual loser at the presidency, Mittsy Romney:

"Sign me up for the Mitt Mania. I'd drive his [campaign] bus if he asked me."

Funny that he says nary a word about joining the ticket though because, well, losers.
Richard Chamberlain, on coming out at a late age:

"I knew I was gay at age 11 or 12, but I grew up in the 1930s and 40s, when being gay was not an option. I spent a lot of time trying to be someone else. My friends knew, but in Hollywood I was a romantic leading man, so I always lived in fear of being outed. When I started writing my book at age 65, I thought it would be a guide-to-life kind of thing, but my partner at the time and my publisher said, 'You've got to make it personal, and being gay is part of the story.' … While I was writing, it was almost as if an angel walked into the room and said, 'Richard, it's over. All this fear, this self-loathing is just stupid.' The message got right into my bones, and all the fear and self-loathing vanished."

Coming out, no matter when, is just that: being over the self-loathing and the hiding and the lying.
No matter when you do; no matter what age.

3 comments:

  1. We love Carlos more with every Carlos story :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. a few crackpots out here bloviating (leann, bryan, paul). they should get going before someone drops a house on them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who you love should not define you any more than the colour of your skin or your sex; who you are should do that

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......