Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Architecture Wednesday: Corralitos

This is Corralitos in Monterrey Bay, California, and I know it's not to everyone's taste. Heck, I'm not sure it's to my taste.

I like this house, and then I don't. I like what appears to be a riff on a house added onto over time, with different facades and elevations and beautiful stonework. And I especially love the view.

But, the parts of the exterior that are very modern feel a little too Montessori School for me; maybe a change in paint color? Maybe ask the stonemason to return?


Either way, it's a stunning home on the inside with amazing views, so, yeah, I could move in...

source

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the house, the onside more so than the out. The first floor screams me. The only room I don't care for is the master bedroom. Did I just say that!?!? Looks to much like a hotel room to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way about the bedroom; too generic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH... I adore this one. The architecture, the high ceilings, the windows... I WANT IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this house.....it is eclectic and I like the interior. But I'm not crazy about the color palette on the outside. Fantastic house though. Very interesting. ME WANT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A shade austere on outside, though softened by the wood. Inside - absolutely! However, not mad about high ceilings, which make me dizzy.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......