Friday, April 25, 2014

I Didn't Say It ...

Charles Cooper, the attorney who argued for 'Protect Marriage' in the Prop H8 case, has changed his mind on marriage equality because his gay step-daughter wants to get married:

"My views evolve on issues of this kind the same way as other people's do, and how I view this down the road may not be the way I view it now, or how I viewed it ten years ago."

Perhaps his step-daughter’s coming out changed his mind, helped him evolve. Just another reason why I think every LGBT person needs to come out to everyone.
Think of the shockwave of change that could produce.
Derrick Gordon, recently out NCAA basketball player, apparently agreeing with me about coming out:

"Don't wait. Take advantage of everything that you have in front of you. Don’t wait because you’re scared. Don’t wait until you’re 35 or 40-years-old and done playing the sport that you love. Because it’s stressful to live that way. I cried most of the nights when I was in the closet just because it starts to take a toll on you just because you’re worried about how people are going to think about you and what they’re going to say about you. Take advantage of it now. It’s going to make your life so much easier."

It does lift that burden of the closet; it does make you breathe easier; it does make you relax a little; it does make you happy; it does get better.
Jon Hamm, on people talking about his junk:

“Would you want people walking up to you and pointing at your d**k…? I can’t believe I’m still talking about this… The fact that I’m painted as this exhibitionist is a little annoying. It’s become a meme…Being someone who people want to photograph, you have to open yourself up to the positive and negative. It is what it is. If I get mad at it I’ll look like a douchebag. But it’s silly.”

Don’t worry about it, Jon, just keep walking around commando in snug pants.
You don’t hear me complaining …
Daniel Franzese, who played sassy gay Damien in Mean Girls, and who just came out as gay in real life, on how he landed the role:

"I sat in the waiting room in character as Damian, commenting on anything and everything I could. Amanda Seyfried had come in for her test and she was wondering aloud, ‘Should I wear this beige shirt or should I wear this maroon shirt?’ Mark [Waters, the director] and Tina [Fey] had their backs to me, and I said, ‘I’d go with the merlot.’ I don’t even know where that line came from, but they both whipped around and started laughing. They went on with the audition with Amanda and then the casting assistant said, ‘Hey, it’s your turn next.’ I walked into the room, and Mark and Tina were like, ‘You?! We thought you worked here; we didn’t know you were auditioning. Now we’re excited — we like you!’ It was a really great way to come in and [get noticed]. But then, according to the E! True Hollywood Story, Mark said my audition wasn’t very good but that they just really liked me anyway.”

Perhaps he wasn’t really channeling the character but was just being himself? At any rate, he got the part … just shows to go ya, that you gotta be yourself.
Courtney Love, on how she came into her style and why she's a gay icon:

“When I was a kid I was definitely what you would call a fag hag because that's how I learned to dress and be extrovert and walk into a room… I would say my freshman year of learning how to be a rock star was just hanging around drag queens…I think it's surviving. It has to be. Surviving, and also the ability to do drag, to clean up nice. I might look like shit this morning, but you know, I clean up nice.”

I’ll give her props for saying this, but most drag queens wouldn’t be caught dead dressed as Courtney Love.
Matt Bomer, openly gay star of the upcoming version of Larry Kramer’s The Normal Heart, and husband-in-my-head, on how the role affected him:

"I wouldn't have a lot of the rights I have today if it wasn't for people like Larry [Kramer]. I just wanted to be involved with the project in some capacity. I didn't care what my part was. … It's rare that you get to play a great role that has an arc; it's rare that you get to be a part of something that, hopefully, has some significance socially or historically. And then to have a role that changes you? I think that's the best you could hope for in this profession, and that was certainly the case here. I don't think I'll ever be the same as I was when I started the job."

Matt also revealed that he and his partner Simon Hall — who have three children together, 6-year-old twins and an 8-year-old — were married in 2011.
Still, he can always play the role of husband-in-my-head.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you about jon hamm! if ya got it, flaunt it baby flaunt it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing what family ties will do to change a mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:55 PM

    John Hamm is not really hung...he's got very large "low hangers" which are the bulge in his pants...trust me...I'm an expert on the subject!!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......