Thursday, December 12, 2013

Harry Cook Comes Out

Following the move last week by Tom Daley, who used YouTube to come out as, well, he didn’t say ‘gay’ but he did say he was in love with another man, 22-year-old Australian actor Harry Cook has used YouTube to come out as a gay man:
“I thought about it for a really long time and really stewed over it. I was like ‘Oh my God, this could ruin my career.’ [But the] title of my job is "actor" ... it's fake, it's pretend; I'm not me. I know how to play straight  I did it all through high school."
Harry Cook, who is best known for playing Geena Davis's son in the 2010 Australian drama Accidents Happen, reveals in the video that he is in a loving relationship, though he does not name the other man. He’ll also appear alongside Sam Neil [side note: Yum] and Bryan Brown in the TV series Old School, and then star in Drown — a film about homophobia and unrequited love among a group of young Australian surfers.

So, welcome out Harry. And, as we are apt to do here at HOMO HQ, we’ll be sending you a copy of The Gay Agenda, but will forgo the obligatory Coming Out Toaster Oven and instead gift you with a Barbie.

For your shrimp.

Shrimp on the barbie? Get it? I’ll stop.

Welcome out, Harry.

3 comments:

  1. lol!
    Yes, stop.
    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its going to become more and more common. Now can I give him his coming out gift?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:04 AM

    On the subject of coming out, I've been wondering if you watch Nashville? Great show/soap and it has a storyline about a man on the brink of stardom who is in the closet; in love with a man, but denying it; sleeping with a woman to hide it; and, at the end of last night's episode, standing on a railroad tracks as a train rushes toward him. I think you might like it. If you do watch it, I'd like to know what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......