Friday, July 19, 2013

I Didn't Say It ....

Aaryn Gries, the 22-year-old with a penchant for saying racist things on Big Brother, on what she thinks of the other players who complain about her racism:
"That's the most obnoxious, annoying thing I've ever heard...I'm not even gonna acknowledge it, because it's the biggest joke. I really just think that it's the most immature thing ever. They call me Barbie and all sorts of ---- about me being blonde all the time, so what's the difference? I wish that I cared more about this, but I don't..."

Um, Blondie? Being labeled Barbie, or Blond, is really quite different from saying, about an Asian contestant, ‘Shut up and get me some f**king rice.’
You’re a racist dear, and you’re too dumb to realize it.
PS Am I the only who noticed—possibly because I have too much time on my hands—that Aaryn and Aryan are spelled with the same letters?
Just sayin’.

Julie Chen, Big Brother host, on the racism that continues in the BB15 house: 
“My heart is pounding. Am I the only one who feels so enraged?… I think it shows us all that in 2013, race is still a deeply, deeply personal issue [and] it is so extremely hurtful.”

I think Chen, and CBS, are milking this story for all it’s worth.
While I loathe people like Gries, I am quite sure she’s not the first person on that show, ever, to say racist things.
And, if CBS and Chen are so offended, remove Gries from the game.

Michele Bachmann, still pissy over Obama and immigration reform:
"He has a perpetual magic wand and nobody’s given him a spanking yet and taken it out of his hand...That’s what Congress needs to do, give the president a major wake-up call. And the way we spank the president, we do it through the checkbook. We have the power of the purse. The most powerful body in Washington D.C. is the United States House of Representatives, of which I'm honored to be a part.”

I imagine that spanking is how Michele disciples her wife, Marcus.

Hugh Jackman, while in Japan shooting The Wolverine, on relaxing in the hot springs and using a small towel to regulate his body temperature when its actual use is for modesty's sake:
"I was feeling uncomfortable and finally this guy in the tub grunts and points to my head and then grunts and points to my private parts. Finally I realised the towel was meant to be covering my privates and I'd spent about an hour just waltzing around this place with this thing in one hand and a beer in my other hand!" 

Sadly, no pictures were taken to document the event. 
DAMN! DAMN! DAMN!

John Oliver, interim host of The Daily Show, on the Zimmerman case and Florida law:
"According to current Florida law you can get a gun, follow an unarmed minor, call the police, have them explicitly tell you to stop following [the minor] and choose to ignore that, keep following the minor, get into a confrontation with them, and if at any point during that process you get scared you can shoot the minor to death, and the state of Florida will say, 'Well, look: you did what you could.'"

Sadly, and even though he does so with humor, that is exactly what happened.

Hillary Clinton, speaking to an African-American sorority about the Zimmerman Verdict:
"My prayers are with the Martin family and with every family who loves someone who is lost to violence. No mother, no father, should ever have to fear for their child walking down a street in the United States of America. Yesterday I know you heard from the attorney general about the next steps from the Justice Department and the need for a national dialogue. As we move forward as we must, I hope this sisterhood will continue to be a force for justice and understanding."

Hillary 2016.
That’s also what we need.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:26 AM

    Oh, that's the first thing we noticed about Aryan. I mean, Dixie Barbie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my my my, michele has a spanking fetish. who knew? I betcha marcia drools when michele approaches, whip in hand...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many Wolverine movies does this make?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @TDM
    Since I've yet to see one, I'm gonna say .... more than one??!??!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......