Monday, September 17, 2012

The Height of GOP Stupidity, Part Fourteen: Mittsy Defines "Middle Income” As $250,000 And Less


What a way to start the week! I woke up this morning to discover that, in the eyes of One-percent Mittsy, I am poor. Lower class, you know. Not low class, mind you, that I can accept and deal with, but I am Lower Class because I make less than a quarter million a year.

Last week Mittsy was talking to Good Morning America's resident cutie, George Stephanopoulos, and was asked, “Is $100,000 middle income?”

Mittsy replied, “Middle income is $200,000 to $250,000 and less."

Yes, Mister Out Of Touch, Mister One Percent, Mister $374,000 a year isn't a lot of money, has told us all that if you earn less than $200,000 a year, you are lower class.

Which is funny, and stupid, because according to a 2009 Tax Policy Center study of income distribution--and they ought to know more than Mittsy--earners making $180,000 and more are in the top 5 percent of the population. And, according to the Census Bureau, the current median household income in the U.S. is slightly over $50,000. So, according to Mittsy, if you aren't in the top, say, 4%, you're poor.

Yeah, he feels my pain, and the pain of the Middle Class, and the Lower Class.
Folks on Twitter had a field day with Mittsy's understanding of what the Middle Class truly is:


How can anyone expect him to represent the Middle Class when he obviously has no idea who we are?

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:23 PM

    And I thought Giulianni's comments on the price of milk and a loaf of bread were out of touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh!my!gawd! We're poor! I better tell The Engineer to stop going to work and paying our income taxes. We can't afford it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always suspected that I was low(er) class, now I no longer have to wonder, it is confirmed by Mr. 1% himself. What a douche.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:59 PM

    What is the security clearance of former elected officials? Do they keep their clearance? Are they sworn in once they win their party's primary?

    What have they done to earn the right to be informed of domestic and international events? i.e.: Shouldn't Romney's information about Libya have only come from the news? What makes him different from the other candidates that will be on the ballot?

    I guess I should have taken a civics course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I can't take Mittsy anymore. Cant we just wrap cheese wire around his neck?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've become numb to Romney's antics. If I weren't, I'd be in a constant state of anger and disgust.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:23 AM

    Miss Tennessee. Where in Murfreesboro, TN does FiX News Pete Hegseth live?

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......