Monday, February 13, 2012

Outstanding Guest Comment Of The Week

The week just flew by. it seemed we had just sent off the coveted...coveted?... ISBL Outstanding Guest Comment of the Week trophy to Miss Ginger when we had to reconvene the panel of judges, er, judge, to crown this week's winner.
Let's rip.....
Another week, and it seems the first post i find is another young person killing themselves rather than endure another day of taunts, teasing and bullying, Another One: Rafael Morelos:
Biki said...
How can these school administrators live with themselves?
It's time to start blaming the principals, the school board, the superintendents, the teachers and the special interests that the powers that be in a school seem more than willing to lay down for. If for every bullied to death child's school was held responsible things would change and fast. Hit em with jail time and with money fines. Drag the special interests groups into the court case as well. If they lobbied for a change in policy that caused minority deaths by bullying and suicide, then they are as libel as the school is.
I don't like discrimination, no matter who is discriminating against whom. As a gay man, I'd feel like a hypocrite if I cried discrimination against someone, even someone as vile as Stacey Campfield, and then discriminated against someone else. It's two wrongs don't make a right, i guess; Discrimination Is Wrong, No Matter Who The Target:
truthspew said...
Well it is nice to see bigots get a taste of their own medicine every now and again.
Ken Monteith said...
I think that sometimes, when someone works hard to remove protections from discrimination based on sexual orientation, that person might just need to see that it works both ways, and that these protections would have protected them, too.
I would dearly love to have enough resources to buy a luxury apartment building in a state which had voted to remove protections from discrimination based on sexual orientation and then offer the apartments at differential rents, depending on sexual orientation.
Yes. wrong. But sometimes you need to illustrate the point to get people to do the right thing.
Theaterdog said...
Damn, you are right.
So was she. Did she discriminate though? Were he a known racists (which I am certain his is as it is a mentality)....would she have the right as a business owner to refuse service to anyone....in this case a phobe/racist.
This is a great discussion, and I am humbled by my own confusion. Your post brings up the many variables in this situation.
Okay, lets move on to Architecture wednesday! LOL
thanks tim
Kyle Leach said...
Bob, in the end your summation is just and where we should be. Many of Sean's ideas are were we really are right now. I would be lying if I didn't add that I was quite happy to hear about his misfortune. I feel bad about that, but it was what I felt. That's the problem with being human its often harder to do the right, just thing. I'm no more immune than anyone else.
I am not a fan of the Catholic Church--as any casual reader knows--because I am not a fan of anyone who says they work to protect children, when, in fact, they work overtime to protect pedophiles and the Vatican bank accounts, The Catholic Church Uses Bankruptcy To Protect Itself In Abuse Cases:
Cubby said...
They're trying to protect their assets in order to funnel more money to NOM.
It's the story that would not die--no matter how laughable it is--because Georgia Is Still Ringing The Birther Alarm:
S'A said...
Really? What were they trying to prove? I'm definitely missing something.
The good news this week came from the Ninth Circuit Court and can be encapsulated in one word: Unconstitutional!!!:
twunty mcslore said...
YES
froggy said...
Was away from the computer and came back to 339 tweets. Knew that there was a decision. :-)
designing wally said...
*High-Five*, Bob!
If one needed further proof that a life in the closet is no life at all, look no further than the sign that reads, Beware The Pastor In The Park:
mistress maddie said...
Talk about being anointed and your rights read to you all on one night!
You know, whenever I hear someone say that gay people don't deserve the same equality as straight people, and then they add that they have gay friends, it reminds of the Southern racist, who talks about "The Coloreds"--yes, some people here in Smallville still use that term--and then says some of his best friends are Black; Rick Santorum: He Says He's Not A Homophobe and Then He Opens His Mouth:
Ron said...
I couldn't have said it better. I watched Santorum last night give his "victory" speech after "winning" three caucuses. It was hard to watch and listen to his self delusion and the clapping delusional supporters standing behind him. This hateful man actually thinks he can be president. Sure, he has a base of voters who thinks as he does but are not enough of them to actually vote him in as president. However, my fear is that he will sneak in the back door via the vice presidency.
Anyone who is so out of touch that he thinks he can repeal "Don' Ask, Don't Tell" should not even be in the political arena.
Santorum is a douche. Really, "Santorum" is a douche.
I don't 'get' gay Republicans. I don't know how you can support a party that continually denigrates you and denies you equality. And it because quite evident this week with the Ninth Circuit Court ruling and The GOP Candidates On Prop H8:
Anonymous said...
I really can't wait for the SCOTUS to declare marriage legal in all 50 states ... Frothy Mix's head will explode! 
I'm still drawn back to this week's Architecture Wednesday because the more I look at it, the more I think it's the house for....Carlos? Get the checkbook!:
Kyle Leach said...
I like the mix. Modern, natural, earthy, and open.
After Prop H8....unconstitutional....I thought the week couldn't get any better and then Washington Says 'Yes' To Equality:
S'A said...
I still don't understand how anyone can believe it's okay to vote for civil rights!
On the heels of Washington, and with Maryland and New Jersey marriage equality bills being pushed forward, Illinois Ramps Up For Marriage Equality, too:
Wonder Man said...
this is really happening, soon it's going to be a flood of marriage equality battles
You know there's that saying that they grow 'em big down there in Texas? Well, they also grow 'em asshatted and wingnutted and dumbfucked. I mean, how else can we explain Louie Gohmert? Louie Gets The Prize For Being A Delusional F%k:
Beth said...
::facepalm::
HGTV to Karl Lagerfeld to Smash to Carlos, and beyond; those are my Random Musings:
www.DiatribesAndOvations.com said...
I can’t get into SMASH either. I’ve started it three times and never get past the first fifteen minutes. I think I agree with you that the cause of my dislike is McPhee. It’s as if they made such a big deal about introducing HER that she’s not playing a character … she’s playing herself. And I don’t like her.
(Scott McGillivray is on my list. And how about that Matt Muenster from BATH CRASHERS?!)

I Didn't Say It; well, I did, but they said it first and then i said it and then you said it:
Cubby said...
"...we are not 2%. That's milk. We're more like 10%". I think even that number is too low because it doesn't include the vast numbers of gay people who are married to opposite sex partners, living in denial so deep they practically go their whole lives before realizing they are gay.
So, it was a good week, with Prop H8 and Washington, and then it was a bad week when, PR: All-Stars: Rami Takes The Fall:
R.J. said...
The Frankenstein stitching on Rami's blouse was a mess. I thought it would have been Austin's time to go home but not this time.
Mark in DE said...
Fabulous recap! Couldn't agree with you more. Kara and her 'designs' are boring, and I'm sorry to see Rami go. If they hadn't done that stupid face/off judging, Rami would still be in the running.
Just A Thought, from Truth Wins Out about serial adulterer, thrice-married, anti-equality Newt "Chucky" Gingrich:
Bill Dameron said...
Isn't this always the way? Those who claim that they want to preserve the sanctity of marriage are so often the ones destroying their own.
It was a nice Friday when I read an article about a minister who was pro-same-sex marriage, proving that not all Christians are so narrow-mined, Good News Friday: The Bible Says Nothing About Marriage Equality:
Mitch Block said...
I respect and admire the Rt. Rev. Mariann Edgar Budde. But... anyway... what ever happened to the separation of church and state?!? It's not supposed to matter what ANYONE'S religion says (or doesn't say) about marriage.
tamayn said...
She makes quite a few eloquent points. I am glad to know that religions have members and leaders like her.
Lohan, Cruise, JLo, Madonna, and others; it was the usual suspects in I Ain't One To Gossip, But....:
mistress maddie said...
OHHHHHH , your gonna be in hot water now Bob! "I guess the homophobe doesn't fall far from the....ALLEGEDLY self-loathing-closeted-homosexual...tree. OMG did I say that out loud?" Tommy is gonna sue your ass, take your house, your belongings, own Smallville, and take Carlos as his sex slave! Nice knowing ya.
Princess said...
Who are all these strange people of which you speak, and what sort of contribution do they make to the human race?...er... I'm assuming that most of them are human... Though one or two of them do look a bit dodgy...
Quite shocking that Whitney Houston passed away. While her career was mostly down of late, you cannot deny that she was one of the most brilliant voices of all time....RIP Diva:
KDNA said...
The first true Diva of our gay generation is gone.
I'm stunned; I'm shocked; I'm in mourning.

Last weeks winner of the ISBLOGCOTW was one that made me laugh out loud--which is always a good thing. This week's winner gets the nod for stating something plainly and simply, in response to He Says He's Not A Homophobe and Then He Opens His Mouth:
Will J said...
A tiny man living in a very tiny fear filled world.
So, there you have it. Another week of fabulous conversation, laughter and thought. You gotta love it.
Congrats Will.

4 comments:

  1. Another week of amazingness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the honor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh , I see Mr.Cruise hasn't caught up with you yet! Congrats to you Will J......as I bow.....

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......