Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Royal Toilet Seat Has Been Sold

Oops! I meant The Hat.

Princess Beatrice’s hat…you know…the one she wore for the Royal Wedding has been sold on eBay for over $130,000.

Seriously? Someone wanted that thing? The new owner of the Philip Treacy creation wishes to remain anonymous. At least until she, or he, steps out in that thing.

And money spent on the monstrosity will go to a good cause, so maybe that’s what spurred on the buyer. All of the money raised will be donated to UNICEF UK and Children in Crisis through Princess Beatrice’s Little Bee Initiative campaign.

In selling the hat for charity, Princess Beatrice said: ”I’ve been amazed by the amount of attention the hat has attracted. It’s a wonderful opportunity to raise as much money as possible for two fantastic charities. I hope whoever wins the auction has as much fun with the hat as I have.”

4 comments:

  1. It was a hat for the ages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, that at first I thought it was a photo shopped picture. I'm not sure what that is on her head, but it ain't no hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe the buyer will mercifully "put the hat down". It really should be shot and buried after all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's astounding. But I give her credit for raising money for charity and being a good sport about such a silly thing!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......