Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tube Talk

It's been all over the news, dontcha know. It was on FOX and CNN, and The View and Today and John Stewart. That Ginny Thomas, lost in time, phone call to Anita Hill, asking her to apologize for accusing Clarence Thomas of sexual harassment NINETEEN YEARS AGO;
Good morning, Anita Hill, it's Ginny Thomas. I just wanted to reach across the airwaves and the years and ask you to consider something. I would love you to consider an apology sometime and some full explanation of why you did what you did with my husband. So give it some thought and certainly pray about this and come to understand why you did what you did. OK, have a good day.
So, that got me thinking, and I decided to reach out myself:
Good morning, Mark, it's Bob. I just wanted to reach across the airwaves and the years and ask you to consider something. I would love you to consider an apology sometime and some full explanation of why you did what you did with my paste back in kindergarten. You didn't have to eat it, it was MY paste. So give it some thought and certainly pray about this and come to understand why you did what you did. OK, have a good day.
I feel better already.

Top Chef: Just Desserts, or as I will now call it, Top Chef: Promotional Video. Seriously, the Quickfire was renamed the Dawn Hand Renewal Quickfire. So, I was surprised that the pastrytestants didn't actually have to use Dawn in their desserts, they were simply allowed to wash their pots and pans in Dawn. Next up, is ScotchBrite Elimination Challenge, where the chefs will create dishes that look and taste like sponges.
Danielle would be a shoe-in for Top Three. And, speaking of Danielle, how in the heck did she not go home as quickly as you can say 1-2-8? Oh, because Erika's ice cream tasted like Dawn Hand Renewal; literally.
And Morgan. Misogynist Morgan. Jackass Morgan. I cannot wait for his sorry ass to leave.
Yigit. So cute, and such a winner. Blowing kisses, his cheeks as beet red as heather C's Black-and-White-and-I-Threw-In-Red-Because-I-Don't-Follow-The-Rules dessert.

So, I saw the Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar walkout on The View last week; well, I saw it on the net, actually. When Bill "Anything To Sell One Of My Dumbass Books" O'Reilly muttered the line about "Muslims killed us on 9/11" I would have walked out, too. Then you see Barbara "I Should Have Retired In The 1850s" Walters chastise her co- hosts for leaving the stage, calling it unprofessional.
But the very next episode, they invited Levi Johnston on and Walters herself was like a Mama Grizzly Bore Pitbull to him. Don't get me wrong, Johnston is a loser of epic proportions, but why invite him on and then call him uneducated and say he got an underage girl pregnant?
Uh, Babs? I believe Blister Palin was also at least 50% responisble for getting herself pregnant, and I believe you are 100% past your Relevance Date.
Seriously, go sit on a porch somewhere.

A new talk show, called, amazingly enough, The Talk, premiered this week. it's like The View, but different, because they six co-hosts and not five.
Which makes it exponentially worse than The View. Julie Chen, married to the head of CBS, is the host of this CBS-produced show. Sharon Osbourne is one of the hosts because, well, the Osbourne's are so current. Holly Robinson Peete is on because she has ninety children, while Sara Gilbert gets the lesbian seat, and Leah Remini gets the former sitcom "star" chair. Lats, they give the big Girl chair to Marissa Jaret Winokur.
It's a trainwreck with six conductors.

What did you watch?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:41 PM

    I was surprised at Barbara's comments to Whoopi and Joy. And, let's be honest, Barbara secretly LOVED that it happened because a big spotlight was once again on the view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at the View clip online because, lets face it, I get all my information parsed for me and I thought "You knew O'Reilly was an ass when you invited him. Don't act surprised now, after you gave him yet another forum to act the ass in."

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Ginny Thomas phone call to Anita Hill was just plain odd. I think she has some *issues* and no way do I believe it was just a Saturday morning whim.

    Oh, Bravo - way to toss Just Desserts under the Sponsorship Bus! As if we couldn't see the long lines of dish washing liquid lined up and the soap comment.... SIGH!

    Question of the day - will Tim do something adorable along the lines of the tortoise at Laura's or the trampoline or bike ride?

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......