Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Steven Slater Pleads Guilty

Well, he fessed up.

Steven Slater, the former JetBlue flight attendant, who gave a big giant F-you to his job, before grabbing a Bud and escaping down an emergency chute exit at JFK, has pleaded guilty to one count of felony attempted criminal mischief and one count of misdemeanor criminal mischief.

The good news is that Slater will not go to prison. He could have been sentenced to a one-to three-year sentence, but his deal requires that he enter a year-long mental health program and receive alcohol and substance abuse counseling.
He, um, will also be paying JetBlue some $10,000 to repair the escape chute.

And $5.00 for the beer.

source

2 comments:

  1. If I had a second story apartment I would have gladly been this guy for Halloween. I'd find a way to get a chute attached to my balcony so I could slide from it right in the middle of trick or treating.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......