Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Asshat Of The Week

Me thinks he doth protest too much.

Ruben Diaz, New York state Senator, spends an awful lot of time talking about how he is not a homophobe, telling anyone and everyone who will listen, that they, and by that I mean the LGBT community, doesn't deserve equality. And all this from a man who fought to keep the Gay Games out of New York because it would "spread AIDS" and then sued the city to have its LGBT high school closed. No, he's no homophobe.

"I love them. I love them. But I don’t believe in what they are doing. They are my brothers. They are my family. So how could I be a homophobe? The people of the nation don’t want gay marriage. They didn’t want it in California; they didn’t want it in Maine. And the people of upstate New York, after what happened to the candidate in the 23rd Congressional District, they sent a message they don’t want gay marriage. Forget about it. People don’t want it."

Lemme tell you something, Ruben, you are a homphobe, because you seek to keep us as second class citizens simply because of who we are; it's no different than a white man in the 60s saying he loved the Black community, all the while he was slipping into his white sheet and getting ready to burn a cross on a lawn somewhere.

You're a liar, and a disgrace to politics. And a homophobe.

6 comments:

  1. It doesn't really matter want the nation wants in reference to GLBT folk. Minorities should never have to ask for their civil rights from the majority. In fact, most of the time, protections for minorities have to be installed to protect those minorities from the majority. The majority will never consent to minority rights, it is not in their best interest to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling Bob,

    First I want to thank you for commenting on my little blog of style! And I want to say that I am glad you have created your blog, the gay community needs a voice and honey you sound like a good one to me!! Love you Bob, equality for all!

    KISSES!

    -Z!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The people of the nation don’t want gay marriage." Soooooo, gays are NOT a part of America? That is the inference I get from his words.

    Kyle totally put his finger on it...minorities ALWAYS have to force the issue. Our government never instigates social change without heavy pressure. Never.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But if i said I didnt want an all black school, I would be a racist. No no, he isnt a homophobe, he is a disgusting excuse for a human is what he is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He caters to his so called macho base of the bronx. He is also I believe a pastor too. But my real problem with this asshole is that he is a fucking democrat. There is a lot of double standards in the democratic party that needs to be examine.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......