Thursday, October 01, 2009

Here's His Apology, Now Where's The GOP Plan?


On Tuesday, Congressman Alan Grayson gave a speech on the GOP Health care Plan by unveiling a sign that read, in part, "Die quickly."

Instantly Republicans began to demand he apologize. I would have thought that instantly the Republicans might have unveiled their true plan for Health Care Reform, but I'd be wrong.

Yesterday, Grayson gave the Republicans an apology, though it was exactly what they'd hoped.

Alan Grayson:

"I’m not going to recount every single thing that I said, but I will point out that immediately after that speech, several Republicans asked me to apologize. Well, I would like to apologize. I would like to apologize to the dead. And here’s why. According to this study, 'Health Insurance and Mortality in U.S. Adults' which was published two weeks ago, 44,789 Americans die every year because they have no health insurance."

4 comments:

  1. I thought it was great that he spoke up the way he did. There's a big difference between healthy (and sometimes tough) debate on the floor and one bozo yelling "You lie!" at the President. Good for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hear hear - do they actually have a plan to unveil?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. De3bating is good, but naysaying everything is bad. I'd like to see a Repub plan, too. However, since they stand to gain most from the high insurance and drug company profits, I think we already have their plan! :) That's why they don't want to change anything. they don't care if everyone is covered, or prices are reasonable, They only want to increase their own bank accounts.
    It's shameful that we haven't seen or heard anything positive from them for the entire debate. All they have done is stall and make trouble with scare tactics and rabble rousing. Since they consistently vote in a block, I find it hard to believe that they are actually listening to those they represent.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......