Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Too Much. Really. Too. Much.


File this under sick and twisted.

In order to meet the demand for their leather bags, Hermes has succumbed to breeding crocodiles on Australian farms for the sole purpose of becoming accessories for UES ladies who lunch.

Yes. You read right.

Hermes is growing handbags.

But it is oh so profitable, since the bags can cost upwards of $50,000.

Patrick Thomas, chief executive of the luxury line:
"It can take three to four crocodiles to make one of our bags so we are now breeding our own crocodiles on our own farms, mainly in Australia. Hermes already faces a major challenge producing 3,000 crocodile bags a year. The world is not full of crocodiles, except the stock exchange!"

Funny funny man.

Funny funny man who advocates breeding animals simply to kill them, skin them, tan their hide and stitch them together to make purses for people with nothing better to do with their money.

I have an idea.....well, two ideas:

First, I'd like a wallet made out of Patrick Thomas. i mean, that isn't a stretch, really.
Second, why don't these rich bitches who have Hermes bags stuffed with money give that excess cash to animals rights groups.

Hermes, you are a bunch of sick motherf%$^ers.

6 comments:

  1. Even if I was a bijillionaire, I don't think I could ever justify spending anywhere near that kind of money on a hand bag.
    I don't much like hand bags come to think of it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with the previous commenter. They are breeding and killing crocs because some rich thing wants a status symbol purse. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Shit! My first thought is $50,000 for a freaking purse?? FUCK!!!! And they are breeding these animals specifically to kill them.

    Okay, or, how 'bout these filthy rich people doing something constructive like donating to homeless shelters, or education funds for low-income children who have no chance to go to school. Hell, $50,000 could educate two kids for four years, with room at board at Austin Peay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since my house when I bought it went for that price, I wonder if I could live in one of those bags.
    Imagine a mortgage on a handbag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats why Bloomies won't carry Hermes products! And it's the same thing with real furs. Unforuntely we do carry those and it amazes me that some of there coats run as high as $32,000! And they sell them. Bitches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, gag! This makes me furious! This is the kind of thing I can see PETA being against. Not tossing headless fish that will be eaten.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......