Wednesday, June 03, 2009

News Of The Weird, South Carolina Style


In Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, town leaders don't want any treasure hunting in the nude at a new park on Charleston Harbor. The Post and Courier of Charleston reports a Mount Pleasant Town Council committee wants to ban nudity, treasure hunting and feeding the birds at a new $14 million waterfront opening next month.

So, if you want to vacation in Mount Pleasant, and want to spend the day in the park, keep your clothes on, don't look for treasure, and no snacks for the birds.

Really?

There goes my summer.

5 comments:

  1. Dangit! And this is exactly what I planned for my summer vacation. Oh well. I'll have to find somewhere else to hunt for treasure while the feeding the birds in my birthday suit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And any chance of spotting Johnny Depp or Orlando Bloom :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, way to be a buzzkiller, Town Council. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They don't want to encourage treasure hunting or peckers obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guess I better rethink my vacation plans.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......