Friday, May 29, 2009

Quality Never Goes Out Of Style



And neither does doing the right thing.
Levi's has launched a new ad campaign in more than twenty of it's company-owned stores from New York to San Francisco, with mannequins wearing Levi’s jeans and shirts fitted with White Knots, a symbol of solidarity with the same-sex marriage movement.

A Levi's spokesperson says "We always try to connect to the energy and events of our time. What’s the pioneering spirit of today? A lot of people are rallying around marriage equality and fighting for that and so many individuals within our company feel so strongly about it."

Levi's has always put the LGBT community out front, as it were. They have a long history of supporting LGBT rights, from taking ads out on LGBT television, to even signing onto an amicus brief last year challenging the validity of Prop 8.

What's even greater, is that Levi's started this new ad campaign in an instant. Within 24 hours of the California Supreme Court upholding Prop H8, Levi's was standing with us again.

Levi's, where equality never goes out of style.

6 comments:

  1. I'm going out and buying some Levi's this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had heard they were going to do this. One of my good friends is a regional manager with them. A wonderful idea and support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. if only my body could bring equality to Levis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And here I was going to buy some True Religion or some other God-awful age-inappropriate pair of foo foo designer rags, when i should just go out and buy a new pair of Levi's! My gay dollars at work...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky for me, I have always been a Levi's guy!
    But this makes me love them even more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is great! If I needed a pair of jeans, I'd buy Levi's.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......