Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Repugnants In South Carolina


Carlos wrote a letter to the, ahem, Honorable Lindsey Graham, our senator from the not-so-great-still-struggling-with-being-backwards state of South Carolina. He wrote about pending legislation that would allocate money for medical treatments for people afflicted with various eye troubles, among them Retinitis pigmentosa.

Now, it was done via email, but still, Carlos received a letter, a form letter, from Lindsey O--as in Oh My God You Are An Idiot. Graham. And in his letter Graham thanks Carlos for his letter, then thanks Carlos for writing about the stimulus package.

Huh? What? Huh?

Hello Lindsey? Read your mail. Or have your minions read your mail. As Carlos' appeal for funding regarding Retinitis Pigmentosa was email generated, it had nothing to do with the stimulus package. Nothing, Lindsey, nothing. Didn't mention stimulus. Wasn't even a particularly stimulating email-generated-appeal.

How can we, as a people, be expected to trust, approve, like, our elected representatives when they don't even bother to read what we send them? I may send a letter to Lindsey about shoes and see what he says about that. He'll probably be glad I wrote to express my concerns about the war in Iraq.

But the most annoying part of Lindsey's response--and he doesn't deserve the respect of a title since he doesn't show enough respect to acknowledge the content of a letter--is how he blasts the stimulus package.

It's 'toxic, he says.
It's an 'orgy of government spending,' he says.

Toxic and orgy. Two buzz-words to get the Real Americans down here in South Carolina up in arms. I am sure people are already panicking because the stimulus supports orgies. Of course, another example of how Lindsey twists words, and puts that old Repugnant Fear of fill in the blank out there to feed the frenzy of his constituents, is to say in one sentence that the unemployment rate in South Carolina is 9.5%, and then in the next sentence say that some 65,000 job cuts were announced last month.

But Lindsey, dear sweet smug stupid naive Lindsey, doesn't mention until the very last word of that sentence that the jobs were lost nation-wide. No, he wants us South Carolinians--because we're two dumb to put two and two together--to think those 65, 000 jobs were lost here. And that it's the Democrats fault.

And Lindsey? Instead of complaining how the Democrats passed this package without any help from the Repugnants, why don't you get off your rather large posterior and so something rather than complain, because, dear Lindsey, I'm done with you. I am going to work tirelessly to see that your lazy behind gets a trip back home come next election.

The last thing we need in South Carolina is more of you.

6 comments:

  1. I so think he is a closet case. Just look at him! He just screams truck stop trade to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This guy needs help...what's going on with him?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Lindsey Graham, out senator"

    - from your first line, typo or Freudian slip? :-)

    I can't stand to hear him speak! He is toxic. A similar thing happened to me. I knew it wouldn't do any good but emailed Lamar Alexander and Bob Corker, our Repugnant senators, and got nothing back from Alexander, but got one back from Corker thanking me for being against the stimulus package. I asked them both to vote for it. I also asked them to get those companies who gave bonuses and took luxury vacations to give the money back. I think I'll write to them about shoes next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy: We'll never know will we? Unless he does the Larry Craig Airport Mens Room Tap Dance. But I'll change it.
    I would not like to think that this moron is gay.
    Scares the baby jeebus outta me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We want the baby jeebus to stay in you, Bob. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......