Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Pouty Cat Sunday In Smallville

Carlos and I decided today would be a good day to do some deep cleaning, so we worked from one end of the house to the other with vacuums and sprays and laundry baskets and window cleaners and furniture polishes and floor cleaners.

I planned dinner. Sunday is usually Carlos' day, but I was in the mood for marinated pork lion, so there you have it.

I gave Carlos a haircut. Not the pseudo-mohawk he wanted but something short so he won't have to mess with it too much.

I stripped the beds and was doing laundry, and wondered where the cats had gone. All of the them hide on cleaning day. I don't know if it's because they think they're getting a bath, or they simply don't like the turmoil.

I discovered Tallulah napping behind the love-seat in the sunroom.

MaxGoldberg hid under the guest room bed.

But Tuxedo was a harder find.
Until I walked in the bedroom and caught a glimpse of something cat-like.



I lay down on the bed and peered into the pile of blankets, and there he was. Hiding out because he doesn't like it when you clean; all his regular smells and places to play get cleaned up and put away.

I feel that way sometimes myself.

Crawl into a hole and pull the hole in after me.



7 comments:

  1. I know this feeling all too well myself. Hiding and if only, oh God, if only, the blanket hiding trick was enough to keep me concealed! Thanks for the smile via your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Tuxedo - cleaning day is a day for hiding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, Tuxedo is no fool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:15 AM

    What cute cats you have there.I love the one in th blankets. I had a cat named Ima Jean Smedberg once. I thought I was the only person who picked out jewish names! And tuxedo reminds me of the latest cat I had,Starrbotty, who was a diva cat from day one. She hated cleaning day especially when the hoover came out. Unfortunely, I lost her to cancer back in November, and still her. What a cat she was!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tuxedo is so cute peeping out of the blanket like that! This is how I've felt most of this winter. Brigit takes a nap in the afternoons curled in a folded quilt she burrows into. I've kept it on the guest bed like that for her.

    I like this post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always get a kick about how a cat will hide, but almost leave a paw out as if they want to be found.
    I wonder if they aren't really super sensitive to odors and are actually irritated by cleaning fluids etc.I mean crawling into the tub at my place with some cleaner and scrubbers puts me to the test as well.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......