Friday, February 13, 2009

I Loves Me Some Wanda

Wanda Sykes, who came out of the closet publicly last year at a demonstration in Las Vegas protesting the passage of Proposition 8, has been selected as the entertainer at the annual White House Correspondents' Association annual dinner in Washington on May 9. President Obama is expected to attend the black-tie affair at the Washington Hilton and to follow in his predecessors' tradition by putting on a comedy act of his own.

'The first thing I did when they asked me to do this gig — I made sure my taxes were paid,' quipped Sykes, taking a dig at the withdrawal of former U.S. Sen. Tom Daschle from Obama's cabinet due to unpaid taxes.

Here's some Wanda, riffin' on Prop H8 and bein' gay on Ellen last Halloween; her costume is that of a Wall Street Banker, and she's wearing her Golden Parachute.

1 comment:

  1. I remember when Wanda started out (years ago) as a stand up comedienne. I have followed her career since then, and have found more and more to love about her each year. When she came out it felt like Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......