Friday, February 06, 2009

Etta v Beyoncé

All sorts of girl-on-girl feuding goin' all over the web. Hilary Duff and Faye Dunaway in a smackdown. Ashley Judd and Sarah Palin trash talkin' each other. 

And now Etta James is after Beyoncé. 

Beyoncé starred recently in a film, Cadillac Records, where she played Etta James, and apparently has been singing one of Etta's big hits, At Last, all over the world. She even sang it to President and Mrs. Obama as their first dance at an inauguration ball. Etta won't have it: 

"You guys know your president, right? You know the one with the big ears? Wait a minute, he ain't my president. He might be yours; he ain't my president. But I tell you that woman he had singing for him, singing my song — she's going to get her ass whipped. The great Beyoncé. Like I said, she ain't mine. ... I can't stand Beyoncé. She has no business up there, singing up there on a big ol' president day, gonna be singing my song that I've been singing forever."

2 comments:

  1. I think Etta sounds a little jealous...I'm sure she's getting some paper for all the times beyonce is singing her damn song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let it go, Etta, let it go!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......