Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Duff'n'Dunaway

 
Because there is no shortage of new ideas in Hollywood, Hilary Duff is reportedly set to star in a remake, or re-imagining they call it now to make you think you're seeing something new when all you get is a half-baked rehash of the original, of Bonnie and Clyde; this one is very different because they are calling it The Story of Bonnie and Clyde.

See? Different. Re-imagining. 

Anyway, as is her want, when Faye Dunaway, who played the original Bonnie is the 60s hit, heard that puff-pastry pop star Hilary Duff would be playing Bonnie this go-round, said, and I quote:
”Couldn't they at least cast a real actress?” 
Hilary, not to be out-catted, responded as such, and again I quote:
“I think that my fans that are going to go see the movie don’t even know who she is, so you know…. I think it was a little unnecessary but I might be mad if I looked like that now too.” 
Me. Ow. It's on, bitches.

1 comment:

  1. I saw the new movie yesterday- nothin' to rave about. It certainly didn't have the impact of the first version.
    but you're right, a nicely done bit of cat-ery.
    -Charlie

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......