Thursday, February 05, 2009

Do I Look Fat In This?



I have a work ethic, which is rare these days. I follow the rules. That's right. Follow the rules. And if I'm offered a job and the boss tells me the rules, then I can either accept the job and follow the rules, or choose not to follow the rules and turn down the job.

I boil it down like this.

I apply for a job. The boss interviews me and all seems to go well. He tells me about the company, the policies procedures and rules. One of his rules is that i wear a pink tutu to work.

Now, I have two options: I can wear the pink tutu, or, I can turn down the job.

What I do not have a right to do is say that I'll wear the pink tutu to work, start the job wearing the pink tutu, and the slowly coming to work in my usual yellow tutu.

The rules are there for a reason people. I work with people who were told about the tutu, accepted the wearing of the tutu, and then bitch and kvetch all day long about the tutu.

It's enough already.

3 comments:

  1. It's time for you beeyotches to unionize. I'm pretty sure pink tutus violate labor law.

    Yellow tutus, however, are perfectly legal.

    XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand where you are coming from. I've had employees before that believed the rules were for everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! And and like those people in the medical profession who refuse to fill certain prescriptions because of their beliefs and that nurse who removed a woman's IUD without telling her and on and on!

    Love this post!!!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......