Friday, February 20, 2009

Baby Nurse


Carlos is still sick.

He was sick on Monday and went to work, but came home early. I made him Chicken Soup like a good Jewish Mother....or Gay Boyfriend. I tucked him into bed, I made him hot tea, and I made sure he went to bed early.

Tuesday he was back at work feeling better.

Wednesday he worked an almost twelve-hour day, saying he was feeling a little bit better. But then he came home and ate something and played on the computer, played Solataire, sent a fax to his aunt, until well past midnight.

He gets up Thursday morning, sniffling, coughing, sneezing, but says he feels better. After work he says he feels worse.

So this morning he calls in sick to work, and wants to stay home all day.....with me!

Now, let me make this perfectly clear: I love that man with all my heart. I'd do anything for him. I'd take a bullet for him--well, maybe not a bullet but a semi-hard bitch slap. But he doesn't take care of himself when he gets sick and then he turns into an eight-year-old boy.

I'm sick.
I need some more Robby Two-sin.
I need Lemon Jew for my tea.

Lemon Jew is another Carlos-ism for Lemon Juice.

I need to go to the Post Office.
When I say that I'll do those things, he does this pouty-lip thing that makes me want to frying pan him in the head, and he says, I'll do it.

I'm thinking of getting him a room at the local motel.

I'm trying to be a good nursemaid, but if he says to me, one more time, I hope you don't get this because it's bad.

I'll show him what bad truly feels like.

9 comments:

  1. OMG - Luis is the same way, he becomes this helpless child that I am practically spoon feeding. then when I get sick he goes and sleep in the guest room so he doesnt catch it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Bob. Maybe he's making up for some lost years where he didn't get the TLC that his soul really needed? As annoyed as you seem to be, it's kinda sweet. :-) Of course, if it happened to me, it'd be anything but that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you ARE a sweetie Bob...taking care of Carlos that way. and I love the "Carlo-isms"!!!

    You better hope you don't get it....cuz who would take care of YOU???! ;)

    XOXOXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dan: I know EXACTLY what you're talking about!

    Kevin: I really am only 'mildly' annoyed.....still.......

    Beth: If I get sick, I know who'll take care of me.
    Me.
    But Carlos will offer the Robby Two-sin and the Bick Boppa Rue, so i won't complain.
    Much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound like you may need a strong cock-a-tail! Luckily when the Boy-Toy and myself get sick we stay to ourselfves and want to be left alone like a pet when their sick. I can;t stand to be cudled when I don't feel good. Keep your chin up there Bob!

    Ps- Have you thought of slipping in his tea a sleeping pill. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Have you thought of slipping in his tea a sleeping pill."

    That plays on a constant loop in my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Extra pulpy orange juice with fresh lime juice.
    or
    Organic chicken broth with ten mashed garlic heads and liberal lashings of Tabasco sauce.

    Will either kill the virus - or you.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're such a good carer Bob, I hope Carlos appreciates you. I wish I had someone to look after me when I wasn't well :-(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, you're a good husband, Bob! I wish Spouse treated me that way when I was sick.

    BTW, I love the way you spell out words the way Carlos says them, with his accent. So entertaining!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......