Saturday, December 06, 2008

Knock It Off!


These videos just one the top awards at the Video Ad Council
It's one of the phrases I hate most, and I do a 'Wanda Sykes' when I hear people say it. I work in a restaurant and one night I heard one of the hostesses complaining about her parents; as I approached I heard her say, "They're so gay."
"Your parents are gay?" I asked.
"No," she said, "they won't let me go to this party."
"Oh, it's a party for gay kids?" I asked, nodding, Yoda-like.
"No!" she snarled. "My parents are gay 'cuz they won't let me go."
"They're gay because of that?"
"yeah. Stupid."
"Oh, they're stupid because they won't let you go to a party, not because your parents are actually gay?"
"No."
"Then say they're stupid. Rules aren't gay; music isn't gay; shoes aren't gay; things you don't like aren't gay. Gay is gay; it isn't stupid or dumb"
Knock it off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say anything, but keep it civil .......